From John Schnatter: The Real Scoop (HP/AOL)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: "My understanding is that if you're a full time employee, which is 35 hours or over, you'd be covered. Or if you're part time then you wouldn't be. So wouldn't some business owners just cut people down like 34 hours a week so they wouldn't have to pay for health insurance?"

Me: "It's common sense. It's what I call lose-lose."

The reporter asked what I believed Papa John's franchisees would do in response to Obamacare, not what Papa John's would do. In fact, her question was "wouldn't some business owners just cut people down like 34 hours a week so they wouldn't have to pay for health insurance?"

My answer: "It's common sense."

I hope you die.

Oh, sorry. Not really. That's a lie.

I know you'll die. I guess there's no "hope" about it.

Yup, we all die. Your time is coming as surely as everyone else. Rest assured that you will get the best care money can buy, care you willfully deny to the people who made it possible for you to amass a fortune, the same people who made it possible for you to lie in a comfortable bed pumped full of the best pain killers and medications your money can buy. That's important, because it's your money. YOUR money.

When that moment comes I want you to look around the room at the machines and personnel and property waiting upon you. And I dearly "hope" you will imagine what your final moments would be like if you could not afford those pain killers, medicines and machines. I "wish" you could get just a taste of the horrific, agony filled ending of sorrow many of your workers will suffer. When I hear your smart a$$ answer of it's "common sense" to a serious question on a topic that you could have come out as a champion of in that very instant, instead you chose to show the world what an a$$hole you would rather be. All for what? A few pennies on one of your pies.

Asked twice. Each time you chose to play a silly word game to hide the answer of "Of course I would and I will!"

What a dick. I hope you die. Oh, wait...

Originally posted to filthyLiberalDOTcom on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 07:11 PM PST.

Send conservatives to FilthyLiberal.com for re-education.

by filthyLiberalDOTcom on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 06:56:49 PM PST

•  Not persuasive . . . (3+ / 0-)
    VClib, lineatus, Just Bob
    •  NOT intended to be. (2+ / 0-)
      Manny, CherryTheTart

Send conservatives to FilthyLiberal.com for re-education.

by filthyLiberalDOTcom on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 07:27:15 PM PST

•  Your 'Open Letter' is meant to fail? (1+ / 0-)
        VClib
        •  Please. Persuasive? (1+ / 0-)
          CherryTheTart

Do you really think that is meant to persuade that douchebag? Do you really think that IF I had wanted to persuade him, or I gave a flying shit about him, I'd tell him that? Or approach the subject like this? Clearly you misunderstand.

I could not care less about persuading him. I want him and company shareholders and anyone who has a stake in the Papa John's enterprise to know exactly, no euphemisms like "it's common sense" thrown in, what many consumers think of HIM, of people LIKE HIM, and a COMPANY THAT WOULD EMPLOY HIM.

Persuade? I wouldn't waste my time on it.

Send conservatives to FilthyLiberal.com for re-education.

by filthyLiberalDOTcom on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 07:36:53 PM PST

•  An open letter is generally supposed to persuade (1+ / 0-)
            Just Bob

others, as well.  That's why you make it "open" - if you only wanted to make a statement to the person it's addressed to, then you send it to them and don't bother making it "open".  With an open letter, you hope that others will read it, see your argument against the nominal recipient, and think - yeah, they have a point here.  You want them to share it with their friends.

But who's going to share a mean-spirited death wish?

I get what you are trying to say, but if you could say it without the bile, it could be much more effective.

Just my two cents, feel free to ignore.

•  Thank you for the well meaning advice. (1+ / 0-)
              Greatwyrm

I'm really not such a mean guy. HOWEVER I am tired of being nice to these people. Nice doesn't work. They laugh at nice. I was nice for 30 years. I did my time.

Nice gets our teeth kicked in. Nothing I could say would "persuade" this person of anything. Remember, we are "maggots" to them. Don't kid yourself - these people have no problem condemning others to an agony-filled ending if  they can afford a 6th home in "the islands" somewhere. I find that obscene.

Yes, I'm done being nice.

Send conservatives to FilthyLiberal.com for re-education.

by filthyLiberalDOTcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 at 05:02:10 AM PST

•  May Bob Uecker be your muse: (2+ / 0-)
    Thousandwatts, Just Bob

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile..." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

by Jack K on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 07:34:12 PM PST

•  promising people their "eventual death" (0+ / 0-)

is not very effective.

FASTFOOD MORALS: BIG MAC OR QP? REPUBLICAN OBSTRUCTIONISM=PAST FORTY YEARS FUCKED! WAR ECONOMY=USA ECONOMY=CIVILIAN WAGES=VOTES=RINSE=REPEAT! =OCCUPY!= THEY'RE TAKING AWAY YOUR VOTE RIGHT NOW! CHARGE $50,000 FOR LUNCH EVERY DAY! TRICKLE-UP STOPS NOW!

by theChild on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 07:34:42 PM PST

•  As much as I dislike Papa John's, this is creepy (5+ / 0-)
    VClib, lineatus, sboucher, kurt, Just Bob

I fully support the boycott of Papa Johns, but wishing death and suffering on anyone is just creepy and wrong.

•  And here I thought this would be (0+ / 0-)

a thoughtful and insightful response to the hubris of John Schnatter.

I suggest you change your title, as it in no way describes your diary. Something like "My reaction to JS's BS response" would work.

It's not just a zip code, it's an attitude.

by sboucher on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 08:46:54 PM PST

•  SPOILER ALERT!! (1+ / 0-)
    CherryTheTart

Mrs. IRV has a lapel pin:

SPOILER ALERT
    EVERYBODY DIES!!!

She's been a burn unit nurse for thirty years. Needless to say, she can't wear her pin to work.

The Ghost of Tom Joad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jVZHCUbS4U

by Illinois IRV on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 09:35:04 PM PST

•  MY Open Letter to the same man. (1+ / 0-)
    filthyLiberalDOTcom

You have insulted me.

Setting aside for the moment what a big crybaby, and a very petty and spiteful one, that you have proven yourself to be by punishing your employees as part of some tantrum for your guy losing the election, you have insulted me and all other voters that exercised our civic responsibility and voted to reelect the president.

That's your right and privilege.  If you so desire, you can do all kinds of stupid insulting things.

But you're also the president of a corporation that sells things that I used to buy.  I live in Long Beach, California.  There's a Papa John's on Long Beach Blvd. that I used to purchase pizzas from.  No more.  I don't want even one penny of my money to go to such a big crybaby loser who thinks he can insult me and that I'll continue to buy his shitty pizzas as if I didn't notice.  As a representative of a business, you are the Salesman-in-Chief.  Salesmen-in-Chiefs who deliberately choose to gratuitously insult the customers who buy their products are morons.

As the moron you clearly are, I expect you to not understand this point, and perhaps that you will even become defensive about it and sulk.  Maybe you'll even kick your dog and blame your employees and the American voters for it.

•  That's good. Promote it. Make it a diary. (1+ / 0-)
      Dumbo

Put it on your blog. Heck, give me permission and I'll stick it on my site your credit of course.

THESE SENTIMENTS NEED TO BE PROMOTED. PEOPLE WHO OWN A STAKE IN THESE COMPANIES NEED TO SEE HOW THEY ARE REGARDED BY MANY IN THE MARKET.

Send conservatives to FilthyLiberal.com for re-education.

by filthyLiberalDOTcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 at 06:31:13 AM PST