The league essentially pulled its most recent offer after the union failed to provide a "yes-or-no" answer on their three non-negotiable items: five-year contract term limits, a 10-year CBA and compliance on the transition rules.Negotiating, such as it is, is expected to resume this week.
Instead, the union tried countering with a proposal that was quickly rejected by the league. NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr, who portrayed the two sides as close to an agreement earlier Thursday evening, said the union was notified that their offer was "not acceptable" via voicemail message.
Sorry, hockey fans. The NHL will continue to lock out its players and has canceled games through Dec. 30. That means no hockey for you, because the league's owners are demanding full capitulation from players, who are being told to give up money and contract rights or stay locked out of their jobs. The league and the players have continued to negotiate, though the league's negotiating involves declaring many major issues to be non-negotiable:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Caniac41, Damnit Janet, lyvwyr101, 3goldens, newfie, twigg, gpoutney, Timothy J, MI Sooner, leonard145b, cactusflinthead, Larsstephens, jakedog42, thomask, Muskegon Critic, allergywoman, The Lone Apple, a2nite, JGibson, Lorinda Pike, cassandracarolina, bontemps2012, Blackhawks
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Laura Clawson
- The media are more interested in ...332 comments 332 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 268 Recs
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...120 comments 296 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- To give voice to 35 workers killed on the job over the past 35 years at a massive refinery in Texas City, hundreds of surviving family members, co-workers and friends gathered there last month to ...4 comments 19 Recs
- Like many, I am watching the terrible events in Baltimore play out, and am also following the very disturbing details of Freddie Gray's death as they are revealed. I'm writing tonight because the ...115 comments 164 Recs
- Watching the discussion around the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) gives me a nasty sense of déjà vu. Long before joining AFGE, I worked as a food service worker, licensed practical nurse, and ...178 comments 209 Recs
- Americans across the political spectrum need to rise up and stop Fast Track now! The good news is that overwhelmingly House Democrats will vote No! The bad news is that lined up against them, and ...4 comments 14 Recs
- At the American Association of Editorial Cartoonists in Washington, D.C. in 2012, Dan Perkins appears with Sparky the Penguin, his avatar and a leading character in his cartoon This ...60 comments 222 Recs
- This is no plea for pity for corporate kingpins like Walmart and McDonald’s inundated by workers’ demands for living wages. Raises would, of course, cost these billion-dollar corporations ...7 comments 20 Recs