The league essentially pulled its most recent offer after the union failed to provide a "yes-or-no" answer on their three non-negotiable items: five-year contract term limits, a 10-year CBA and compliance on the transition rules.Negotiating, such as it is, is expected to resume this week.
Instead, the union tried countering with a proposal that was quickly rejected by the league. NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr, who portrayed the two sides as close to an agreement earlier Thursday evening, said the union was notified that their offer was "not acceptable" via voicemail message.
Sorry, hockey fans. The NHL will continue to lock out its players and has canceled games through Dec. 30. That means no hockey for you, because the league's owners are demanding full capitulation from players, who are being told to give up money and contract rights or stay locked out of their jobs. The league and the players have continued to negotiate, though the league's negotiating involves declaring many major issues to be non-negotiable:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Caniac41, Damnit Janet, lyvwyr101, 3goldens, newfie, twigg, gpoutney, Timothy J, MI Sooner, leonard145b, cactusflinthead, Larsstephens, jakedog42, thomask, Muskegon Critic, allergywoman, The Lone Apple, a2nite, JGibson, Lorinda Pike, cassandracarolina, bontemps2012, Blackhawks
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Laura Clawson
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...129 comments 132 Recs
- To give voice to 35 workers killed on the job over the past 35 years at a massive refinery in Texas City, hundreds of surviving family members, co-workers and friends gathered there last month to ...4 comments 16 Recs
- Like many, I am watching the terrible events in Baltimore play out, and am also following the very disturbing details of Freddie Gray's death as they are revealed. I'm writing tonight because the ...114 comments 161 Recs
- Watching the discussion around the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) gives me a nasty sense of déjà vu. Long before joining AFGE, I worked as a food service worker, licensed practical nurse, and ...178 comments 204 Recs
- Americans across the political spectrum need to rise up and stop Fast Track now! The good news is that overwhelmingly House Democrats will vote No! The bad news is that lined up against them, and ...4 comments 13 Recs
- At the American Association of Editorial Cartoonists in Washington, D.C. in 2012, Dan Perkins appears with Sparky the Penguin, his avatar and a leading character in his cartoon This ...59 comments 218 Recs
- This is no plea for pity for corporate kingpins like Walmart and McDonald’s inundated by workers’ demands for living wages. Raises would, of course, cost these billion-dollar corporations ...7 comments 17 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- I’m going to write about community tonight, since it was my home when I first came to Daily Kos, and it’s my home now. Carnacki began Top Comments on June 14, 2006. He asked for diarists, I ...86 comments 52 Recs
- This week 40 groups—many of them focusing on rural and community-based responses to climate change— wrote Congress calling for the rejection ...12 comments 40 Recs